Health & Safety will always be a priority to us. We recognise our responsibility to create and maintain a safe work environment and proactively manage this by implementing a safety culture through all levels of our business. A good safety culture not only makes good workplace safety sense, it also helps our business to become more productive and operate efficiently.
Our 5 essential safety culture action points are:
- Ensure all key leaders of our business understand the companies health and safety aims and uphold the principles of safety culture.
- Investigate all incidents and near misses that occur in your workplace. Don’t just look at how it occurred matter-of-factly, but look deeper and analyse what the root cause of the incident or near miss was.
- Involve all workers in safety culture by talking to them and consulting them regarding safety issues (Listen to them)…..its not just about managers or team leaders.
- Take safety culture seriously and maintain regular activities or initiatives to achieve continuous improvement in all aspects of our business; and
- Provide the necessary training to all employees so as to maintain a safe work environment.
To this end we have adopted and achieved third party certification in the following management systems:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems,
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- AS/NZS 4801 Safety Management Systems; and
- ISO 45001 Safety Management Systems
Adherence to these management systems ensures a standard set of best practices is always maintained, helping us work towards our goal of “ZERO HARM”.